Location: United States,
INOVA HEALTH SYSTEM
System Division Chief of Gastroenterology
Inova Medicine Service Line's Gastroenterology Division is seeking an experienced Gastroenterologist or Gastroenterology trained Hepatologist to serve as the Inova Health System Gastroenterology Division Chief. The Division Chief will lead a collaborative team dedicated to quality outcomes, teaching and research. The Gastroenterology Division is comprised of 40 plus providers including both physicians and APPs that span across all 5 Inova Hospitals and 5 outpatient care sites in Northern Virginia.
This is a Service Line employed position. The Inova integrated health network includes five hospitals, large primary and multispecialty networks and advanced surgical, vascular and cancer centers serving Northern Virginia and the DC Metro area. Inova offers a generous compensation and benefits package.
- Define and Drive Clinical Excellence
- Establish standards/metrics and collaboratively drive outcomes in quality, safety, and experience related to gastroenterology and hepatology
- Leverage partnerships with Medicine Service Line nursing, administrators, medical teams, and other key stakeholders across the system to build and actuate care models that will achieve a seamless system of care, reducing variation across the system.
- Lead in a style that encompasses and demonstrates the Inova Values.
- Develop and build the Service Line Gastroenterology Division
- Contribute to the development of the Service Line through the definition and development of clinical capabilities and involvement with strategic decision making
- Establish the criteria and qualifications to be a member of the Gastroenterology Section, promoting active engagement of all team members, including employed and independent physicians
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining, and developing high-quality physicians/providers to join the Gastroenterology Section
- Participate in identifying, evaluating, and implementing growth initiatives with a focus on patient safety, quality, and value
- Lead the development of digestive disease specific programs in alignment with the Medicine Service Line Gastroenterology strategy in partnership with other Inova Service Lines and Hospitals as appropriate
- Operations Improvement
- Responsible for the operation of Gastroenterology Division, Gastroenterology labs and the Medicine Service Line in a fiscally judicious, transparent, and sustainable fashion. Supervise value improvement projects
- Work with outpatient, inpatient, surgery, supply chain, etc. leadership to improve operational efficiencies within endoscopy suites and outpatient clinics
- Lead and chair Gastroenterology Division specific committees and groups
- Serve as Medical Director for all Gastroenterology Suites (GE Labs) across the Inova System
- Work with physicians, clinical staff, and support staff to ensure quality, safety, and operational efficiency
- Any other defined role as assigned by Inova Medicine Service Line leadership
- Develop the Academic aspect of Gastroenterology with Medicine Service Line. This includes Research, educational activities, including but not limited to CME programs, fellowship development and support of Medicine residents and Inova-UVA Medical Students
- Maintain a working relationship with the staff of ancillary services (i.e., radiology, laboratory, pharmacy) involved in patient care in the department of medicine, endoscopy suites, and the operating room to facilitate optimal delivery of services.
- Board certified/eligible in Gastroenterology
- Licensed to practice Gastroenterology (medicine) in the State of Virginia
- Appointed to active medical staff in one of Inova hospitals annually with clinical privileges in medicine, to include the care of adults with complex Gastroenterology related disease.
- Extensive clinical and administrative experience, as well as direct involvement in managing a clinical program and demonstrated medical staff leadership that includes:
- Management style that emphasizes communication, collegiality, collaboration, flexibility and the ability to build high-performing multidisciplinary teams consistent with Inova values.
- Commitment to continuously improving clinical effectiveness, including quality, safety and patient experience and elimination of unwarranted variability.
- Business acumen, management skills, and fiscal knowledge.
- Ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Experience as a community physician, or extensive dealings with community physicians, and an understanding of private practice.
- Ability to mentor, develop, inspire, and lead medical and support staff, establishing a culture of accountability and teamwork among a diverse, highly qualified medical and support staff.
- Ability to plan and delegate assignments, review work, and monitor progress toward goals.
- Distinguished record of clinical care, reputation, and leadership