AEMT- Full Time
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital
Transport patients between facilities in an efficient manner insuring the safety and security of patients and family. Properly maintain all equipment and stock supplies to maintain readiness.
- Administers prompt and efficient basic life support care within the limits of licensure or certification.
- Conducts regular unit inventory and equipment testing to ensure all equipment is present, clean, and in proper working order.
- Performs and documents safe, efficient and accurate transport dispatch information.
- Assists with patient care and transfers to VCH in designated patient care areas within scope of practice.
- Operates Vanderbilt Licensed ambulances while responding to emergent and non-emergent transports.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Maintains equipment per regulatory and compliance standards.
- Manages daily maintenance operations of ambulance fleet.
The Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital Emergency Department is a busy and growing 15 bed ED with a 4 bed Fast Track. The ED utilizes the Epic EMR for documentation of visits. Shifts are 12 hours with every other weekend required as well as holiday rotation.
- Full Time Day Shift
- Weekend rotation required
- Holiday rotation required
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital:
For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare - Lebanon) has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County. Known for comprehensive services, recognized care, and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of 2019.
Recognition Awards for Quality
- Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee Replacement
- The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
- American College of Radiology Accreditations - Mammography and Ultrasound
- Accredited by American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Click here for more information: www.VanderbiltWilsonCountyHospital.com
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.