Location: Newark, Delaware
Are you interested in working for an organization passionate about love and excellence?
ChristianaCare is a nonprofit health system with a mission of service. We believe that the key to providing truly excellent health care is to partner with our patients and their families, building a system of care that is effective, affordable and valuable to everyone who is touched by it.
ChristianaCare's Newark Hospital Imaging Department is currently recruiting for a Full Time CT Technologist to work on a midnight schedule rotating between all locations! The successful candidate will support the team covering 2 holidays a year, and one weekend a month either on call or working in the facility.
- The primary function is performance of all phases of CT Scan Testing. Work is performed on hospital in-patients and outpatients in accordance with established procedures and protocols of the department and under the direction of the Radiologist.
- Perform other diagnostic imaging exams as skills permit
- Perform clerical and scheduling duties as needed
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and proficiency in the use of CT Scanner Units.
- Completes all technical assigned imaging and non-imaging procedures in the designated scheduled times.
- Verifies insurance pre-authorization as defined by departmental protocols prior to scanning patient.
- Assists in the learning process of students and new staff in department procedures, quality control, and radiation safety.
- Administers all contrast media under physician's supervision.
- Ability to assess patient for adverse reactions and/or changes in patient status.
- Demonstrates complete knowledge and proficiency in the use of contrast media injectors.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability to perform i-STAT testing and accurate calculation of GFR following established departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Completion of ARRT registry
- ARRT registry in CT Scan required.
- Licensed by State of Delaware on Radiation Protection
- Associates Degree in Radiologic Technology preferred.
- Completion of the CT Registry exam is a job requirement. A technologist, who is recruited and non-certified, will have a period of 2 years following hire to pass this exam.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Christiana Care offers:
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off