General Surgeon Opportunity In Mt. Shasta CA
Come join our Dignity Health Family at one of the most beautiful hospitals
in California, Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta. The hospital is nestled at
the base of Mt. Shasta. It is a 25 bed, critical access hospital, level III
trauma center, with three rural health clinics and a new Emergency
Department. Mt. Shasta is a small rural community that is sure to make
your heart skip with all of the amazing outdoor wonders at your front door.
Mt. Shasta has a catchment area of 17,000 lives and is surrounded by
lakes, hiking, skiing lifts and many more amazing outdoor adventures. This
is an amazing opportunity to provide healthcare services to a rural
community and enjoy the natural beauty of Northern California.
We are currently recruiting for a General Surgeon The current schedule would be 4 days a week, 2 of these days are clinic days, and the rest or schedule to utilize block time at the hospital. As a part of the Mt. Shasta surgical team, you would help take 10/12 days of call per month. There are about five Trauma Level 1 activations a month.
- A competitive starting salary at $400,000+ *Please see disclosure below
- Year Quality Incentives starting at $15,000
- Yearly Retention Bonus (starting year 3) $20,000
- CME Stipend $3500
- Retirement with a match of up to 3%
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Life Insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Long-term disability
- Malpractice paid for by Dignity Health
- PTO & Holiday Pay
- Practice with experienced General Surgeons
- Experience a critical access hospital feel with the stability of a large organization
- Practice autonomy with administrative support
- Bread and butter general surgery with a flare of trauma
Mercy Medical Center Mt. Shasta is a non-profit healthcare facility, designated a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of HealthCare Organizations (TJC), and a member of the American Hospital Association. With over 300 skilled professionals and support staff, approximately 45 active medical staff physicians, and more than 50 helpful volunteers, we are passionate about patient care, committed to community outreach, and dedicated to ensuring that quality, affordable health care is available to all in need.
Comprehensive Inpatient and Outpatient Services
Certified Primary Stroke Center | American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
Emergency and Level III Trauma Care
Diagnostic Imaging Services
Laboratory Services and Lab Draw Centers
Rural Health Clinics
Therapy Services - Physical, Occupational and Speech
Home Health and Hospice Care
Patient Financial Counseling Services
Pulmonary and Cardiac Rehabilitation
Swing Bed Services
Family Birth Center
Awards and Recognitions
Honor Roll Recognition for Maternal Care and Safe
Environmental Excellence Award | Practice Greenhealth
Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) | Designated LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality Top Performer 2022
Dignity Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Dignity Health, one of the nation's largest healthcare systems, is a 20-state network of nearly 9,000 physicians, 55,000employees, and more than 380 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high quality and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2014, Dignity Health provided nearly $2 billion in charitable care and services.
- The posted compensation range is a reasonable estimate that extends from the lowest to the highest pay CommonSpirit in good faith believes it might pay for this particular job, based on the circumstances at the time of posting. CommonSpirit may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range as permitted by law.