YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family: We offer great benefits with immediate Health Insurance coverage Career growth and advancement potential Whole Person Wellbeing Resources Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Lake Nona â¯
The role you’ll contribute:
Under general supervision, primary duties include imaging both neuro and body scans on patients from neonate to geriatric, following the age specific guidelines of the facilities parameters, transmitting images for diagnostic interpretation, and keeping the hospital computer system up to date with the progress of these exams. The CT technologist actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of the facility.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
• Completes all exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving, and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication and transportation of patients
• Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
• Properly screens patients of childbearing age, and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards, and utilizes approved PPE and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room. Performs vendor required QA on CT scanners. Employee job duties may include transport of pharmaceutical waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area. Employee will be required to complete initial training (prior to handling pharmaceutical waste) to include proper handling and transport of pharmaceutical waste, and proper selection, use and disposal of personal protective equipment, if applicable
• Reviews all images of all exams, repeating images as necessary for best possible result. If necessary notify physician of emergent findings according to established protocol
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Basic Life Support - CPR Cert
General radiographer state license as required by state if applicable
• Two years hospital-based clinical Radiology experience
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.