Assists the nursing staff and patients with basic care needs, implementing orders, and evaluating care for various patients within the facility. Reports directly to the charge nurse and Clinical Director of the unit. This position works in conjunction with other members of nursing service, ancillary services, physicians, patients, and families. It collaborates with various members of the healthcare team to ensure quality of care across the continuum. Requires the ability to be self-directed and quality focused. Interpersonal communication skills are a necessary function of this position.
Obtains vital signs, Intake and Outputs, and daily weights
Reports any abnormal findings to the nurse and/or charge nurse
Assists patients with activities of daily living, bathing, and toileting
May transcribe physician orders, answers patient call lights and relays messages to staff in a timely manner
May assist physicians with obtaining needed information on patients
Adheres to practices and policies outlined to ensure patient safety and follows infection control standards
Department Summary/Women's Health Clinic at Lebanon:
Our Department has a long tradition of clinical excellence and is comprised of nationally and internationally recognized leaders in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Gynecologic Oncology, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, General Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery. We provide a comprehensive range of services for the medical and surgical treatment for women throughout the spectrum of their life. Doctors and certified nurse-midwives affiliated with this clinic deliver at Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital.
* M-F (Days) PRN shifts only
* Weekend & Holiday schedule.20
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital:
For more than 40 years, Vanderbilt Wilson County Hospital (formerly Tennova Healthcare - Lebanon) has been a place of healing and connection for patients and families in Wilson County and the surrounding area. The two-campus facility is the sole provider of inpatient and outpatient medical services in Wilson County. Known for comprehensive services, recognized care, and a commitment to the community, VWCH became a part of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center family (VUMC) in August of 2019.
Recognition Awards for Quality
* Joint Commission certified in total Hip and Knee Replacement
* The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
* American College of Cardiology Accredited Chest Pain Center
* Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) as a Comprehensive Center
* American College of Radiology Accreditations - Mammography and Ultrasound
* Accredited by American Academy of Sleep Medicine
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.