Winter Park Memorial Hospital has continuously served the residents of Winter Park and its surrounding communities for more than 50 years
Chartered in 1951, the hospital has grown from the visionary efforts of a handful of Winter Park residents and community leaders, to a 307-bed acute care facility that is a model of community health and wellness
Over the years the hospital has continually expanded to meet the needs of the community, adding an upscale obstetrics and Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at The Dr. P. Phillips Baby Place, cancer care at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute, Winter Park, and state-of-the-art surgery, recovery and rehabilitation at the AdventHealth Orthopaedic Institute
Work Hours/Shift: PRN
You Will Be Responsible For:
Performs all MRI exams using AdventHealth MRI protocols. Uses AdventHealth policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam.
Completes MRI exams in a timely manner, keeps work flow moving and minimizes empty table time. Follows through after completing exam with communication, transportation and discharge of OP’s.
Operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors and monitors. Utilizes the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients on all ages, adapting protocols as necessary.
Properly screens each patient, visitor, employee who enters the MRI facility for contraindications for admission to the magnet room. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room.
Reviews all images of all MRI exams, repeating sequences as necessary for best possible result.
Uses computer system for ordering, changing and canceling exams according to protocol. Confirms order matches exam before pushing to PACS or correctly ‘fixes’ exams on QC or PACS.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Basic IV skills
· Ability to work well in a constantly changing environment
· Ability to work flexibly in variable shifts, occasionally including weekends or holidays
· Ability to understand medical terminology
· Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with patients and their family, hospital staff, nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals
· Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field or certified as an American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years of technical experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
· Must be certified by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)(MR).
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.