Performs all types of general diagnostic radiological procedures, general fluoroscopic procedures and interventional procedures as required of the position of a Radiologic Technologist, Advanced. Cat Scan (CT) Technologist performs a variety of CT procedures, to include head, thorax, abdomen, pelvis, spine and extremity examinations. Performs CT-guided interventional procedures, 3-D imaging, reconstruction of images and has a broad knowledge base in scan parameters, scan techniques and image data manipulation. Competency will be assessed by testing, demonstration and/or direct observation. Position reports to Chief Radiologic Technologist. Maintains quality assurance and performance improvement activities within the department as directed. Complies with all Joint Commission, federal, state and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols. Requires excellent customer service skills.
1. Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
2. Responsible for safe handling of equipment.
3. Instructs and prepares patients for radiologic, fluoroscopic, interventional and CT procedures.
4. Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
5. Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
6. Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
7. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors (e.g., adherence to Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals).
8. Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures such as interventional procedures, intra-operative procedures and CT examinations, interventional and non-interventional.
9. Accurately completes all necessary PACS functions; assures timely presentation of images to radiologists.
10. Practices aseptic technique for medical and surgical procedures.
11. Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
12. Assists in training of students and new imaging personnel.
13. Takes standby call on a rotational basis.
14. Interacts professionally with physicians, patients, family members and employees.
15. Completes all tasks in a timely fashion.
16. Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including newborn, pediatric, geriatric and general population.
17. Attends at least __75%___ of staff meetings; reviews minutes of all
ï¿½ High School graduate; BS degree preferred.
ï¿½ Graduation from an approved school of Radiologic Technology, either college affiliated or hospital trained.
ï¿½ Certified by the State of California to administer radiation. Current California Fluoroscopy Permit required. IV certification required for contrast administration required. CT certification preferred.
ï¿½ Current BLS certification.
ï¿½ Minimum of three (3) continuous years experience as a CT Technologist.
ï¿½ Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
ï¿½ Basic computer knowledge.
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905005624
About Hi-Desert Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.