Incumbent is responsible for performance of magnetic resonance imaging studies by preparing and positioning patients for these exams; will make changes in technical factors due to patient's size and condition. Provides services to patients of all ages at a high competency level.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Collaborate -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
1. Demonstrates competence of MRI equipment.
2. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of the MRI system operation.
3. Performs daily equipment start-up and performance checks.
4. Reports any variance from normal function to appropriate party.
5. Assures that no incompatible equipment or objects enter the magnet room.
6. Assessment of the Patient/Addressing patient needs.
7. Introduces self/calls patient by name/checks arm band if inpatient/makes comfortable with surroundings.
8. Assess patient's emotional status including expressed fears/phobia.
9. Incorporates cultural and ethnic factors into assessment and care.
10. Interviews patient/responsible party to explain MRI procedure and screens for contraindicated implanted and/or ferreomagnetic material prior to entering the magnet room.
11. Demonstrates use of the magnet's intercom system to assure communication during the imaging procedure.
12. Communicates frequently with the patient during MRI scanning.
13. Reviews MRI orders to verify pertinent information for performing the procedure, including diagnosis that corresponds to symptoms and procedure ordered.
14. Reviews each patient's chart for any special notes or comments concerning the procedure ordered.
15. Accurately enters data including patient history, anatomical area to be scanned, and scan protocol into the MRI scan console.
16. Assures correct patient information is entered into CSFCH HIS/RIS prior to scan.
17. Performs MRI procedures utilizing all available tools to achieve an examination with images of the highest quality possible.
18. Always maintains a professional manner when dealing with patients.
19. Positions patients optimally on exam table using appropriate surface coil.
20. Assures patient's comfort during the scan.
21. Performs routine imaging sequences following established protocols.
22. Performs non-routine exams following imaging sequences prescribed by the radiologist on duty.
23. Reviews all images of prescribed exam to ensure quality of images and completeness of exam as prescribed.
24. Understands and practices proper use of all MRI equipment; never operates equipment inconsistent with manufacturer's instructions.
25. Performs duties with the utmost concern for the safety all patients, visitors and personnel.
26. Maintains communications with supervisor, radiologists, referring physicians and administrative director to provide the highest quality of services.
27. Notifies the supervising radiologist of any procedures which would require immediate attention (STAT or ASAP orders)
28. Consults with the supervisor and radiologist regarding any change in scan orders.
29. Documents and reports any accident or unusual occurrence.
30.Consults with supervisor regarding maintenance and scheduling of preventive maintenance.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.